11.13.2009

What's happening to me?

There's been a new development in life.

As I mentioned last week I joined a gym, and now I have a personal trainer.

I don't know who I am becoming.

The thing is, and don't ask me why I feel the need to justify this decision to the internet, I really enjoy working out.

Weird, right?

It's true though.  Right now, I'm kind of relishing the fact that it's painful to sit down, stand up, and bend over.

(Keep your mind out of the gutter!)

I mentioned previously that I've started to enjoy running, although "enjoy" may be a bit of a stretch.  But what I really like is lifting weights.

This is for a couple reasons.  Thanks to my athletic past (and the lawn mowing) I tend be a little stronger than the average woman.  I don't associate lifting with punishment, and the same cannot be said for running.  Because that's what running was in sports, torture.

Seriously, my lung are constricting a little just thinking about it.

Also, a personal trainer keeps my a little more accountable for getting to the gym, not just for my sessions, but outside of those as I know he'll check in to see what I've done on my "off" days.

Is it expensive?  Absolutely, but for now, the benefits outweigh the costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment