11.03.2009

Pumping Iron Starts Now

I joined a gym this evening. I couldn't be more happy about it, for a number of reasons.

1) I have really missed working out. It's weird. I actually miss running a little, even if I don't enjoy it. And I really enjoy lifting.
2) The holidays are coming and I can feel a little less guilty about the ten servings of whatever if I am going to the gym regularly. And I won't need a new wardrobe (double win!).
3) I spotted a couple cute guys while I was there signing up. Not that I'm counting chickens or anything, but at least a girl can hope.
4) Signing up came with a number of free starter coupons: a free personal training session, free tannings, and much more.

I'm just hoping that my body will be just as enthused about this when I go to the gym for the first visit.

I am also really excited to take advantage of the fitness classes. I've never really gone that route before and I looking forward to trying out something different.

All I know is that one 20 minute run two months ago isn't enough. Unless I'm part sloth. Then I need to rethink the gym membership thing entirely.

Oh, and if anyone asks, I'm my best friend's roommate.

No comments:

Post a Comment