11.15.2009

Is it me, or is it a little crowded?

Today I did a little Christmas shopping.

Although I suppose it's a bit of stretch to qualify all my shopping today as "for Christmas." 

In truth, I bought two Christmas presents, a shower present, and a few things for myself.

"One for you, one for me."  Just kidding, sorta.

I actually worked really hard to hold myself back from personal purchases.  In fact, most of what I purchased for myself were shower-related products.

Scouts honor.

I even passed up a super cute, sleeveless, pin-striped, summer weight shift dress from GAP.  Not that I'm bitter or anything.

And I walked through ALL of Pier 1 without considering a simple thing.  Although, I will admit I find throw pillows inspirational.

Don't ask me why.

I also went to Costco for lunch.  Their samples, particularly on Sunday, are the best!

What surprised me the most about the venture was how many people were shopping.  I mean, seriously, it's not even Thanksgiving.  I went now to avoid the crowds.  (And use my GAP 30% Give and Get discount.)

What is going on people?!

And I would know if it's a lot of people.  Our household visits Costco approximately 2-3 times a week.

That's no exaggeration either.

My guess is that's it the week dollar's fault.  Those Canadians are pouring over the border to take advantage like there's no tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment