10.20.2008

Television

Since I have no life (meaning I am lacking in employment and many friends) I find myself with a lot of free time on my hands.

And I can't say I've been using it well.

Instead of exercising more, organizing all the stuff I brought home, or really throwing myself - mind, body and soul - into the job hunt, I have become addicted to TV.

There are sooo many shows I am currently trying to follow it's ridiculous.

Army Wives, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Chuck, Jon & Kate Plus 8, House, Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy, ER, the Office...to name a few.

There are also shows I wish I were following more carefully.

One Tree Hill, House, Numbers, SNL, Fringe, a probably a few others I can't think of.

This is completely ridiculous, yet so entertaining. And I can't seem to help myself. I don't know why.

Every night I tell myself, tomorrow you are going to get something accomplished. Or more than one something. So tonight I am telling the world (or the few people who may or may not read this) what I have to accomplish tomorrow.

Update resume and cover letter, apply for a job, finish laundry and put clothes away, work on sorting something in my room, go for a run or a walk with the dogs, mow lawns, clean up the kitchen, and generally avoid sitting on my behind for long periods of time.

In reality I probably won't accomplish a lot of this list. But at least there's a better chance now that it's not just in my head, right?

Oh, and case you haven't noticed this excess time has also significantly increased my blogging. When I am actually home, and not traversing the country, I seem to post at an alarming rate.

I apologize for this, but I am busy working on the TV addiction and don't have time to focus on the blogging.

Pick your battles, that's what mom always says.

No comments:

Post a Comment