10.24.2008

All Hallows Eve

Halloween is coming, in case you live under a rock or in a cave or something and hadn't gotten the memo.

While the kids are excited to be princess and superheroes, and eating as much candy as possible before Mom and Dad come to their senses, young women across the country are looking forward to wearing as little clothing as possible and calling it an outfit. And young men are looking forward to oogling said young women.

I will not be wearing such an outfit - for a number of reasons.

Reason #1 - I don't have any ideas. You'd think it'd be easy since so little clothing is actually involved, but alas it does take a little creativity. Of which I am lacking.

Reason #2 - my legs are white. As my mother lovingly pointed out this afternoon when I tried on my new suit for her. Meaning, maybe you should put those legs away until sometime late next summer when you have actually regained some color.

Reason #3 - I'm not really interested in dressing in less. Not really my style. Were I to dress up - which isn't happening, I'd rather just eat candy - I would at least attempt something different instead of just skanky.

Reason #4 (and the real reason for lack of Halloween spirit) - I am attending a job fair the next day. Since I have now been unemployed for two months, or will be when I attend, I figure I should probably give my best effort into making this job fair a success, meaning obtaining employment. I'm pretty sure that won't be achieved if my interviewer looks at me and asks, "How was your Halloween?"

So go enjoy wearing to little clothing as the weather approaches frigid, and in some places even snows probably, my fellow 20-somethings. I'm gonna try to get a job.

Priorities, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment