10.25.2008

The most wonderful time of the year

I'm having a hard time to contain my excitement. My very favorite season is coming.

No, silly. Not the holidays. It's not Halloween (obviously, if you've been paying attention), Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years. Not even close.

It's almost college basketball time. Teams just officially started practice this past week.

If that doesn't get you excited, stop reading this post. Right now.

To commemorate the coming days, I wanted to share just a few pieces of basketball news courtesy of Yahoo! News and my good friend, the old one.

First of all, Lute Olson retired. The long time Arizona coach finally stepped down. Not all that surprising considering his break last year, his age, etc. But still big news, and kind of sad.

Something crazy I saw today. A 73-year-old man is playing basketball at Roane State. I thought I could barely move after practice when I was 19. I can't even imagine 73. Holy crap. To here more of his story go here.

Wow. I still can't get over that.

Mostly I'm just excited for the football season to end. My alma mater has been painful watch and we have a good bball team. Or at least have the past few years.

Plus, basketball is pretty much the coolest sport ever.

So I am getting excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment