2.26.2009

Le Internet

I have a lot of online accounts and commitments.

Don't believe me, here's proof:
Yahoo! email, two Gmail emails, Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, 20Something Bloggers, a family network.
I get emails from NYTimes, Women's Health, Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works, Southwest, Piperlime, Amazon, and probably a number of others I can't remember.
I have a blog; I read a gazillion blogs (give or take a couple).
I am addicted to online games such as: crosswords, sudoku, text twist, jewelquest, and whatever else catches my eye.

It's a little much. Sure it was easy to keep up with it all the past few months, but now that I am working again(all of 15 hours a week) will I be able to handle it?!

Plus I keep am always thinking of other possibilies. Should I join Tumblr? I don't know much about it, but I know it's cool. At least that's the word on the street.

I think it's a pretty common problem these days. The internet offers so much, but can definitely be dangerous.

What are your addictions, commitments, etc. and does it ever get to be too much?

2 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to about all the same, plus my online writing commitments and a few other groups on top of it. Blessed be consolidation tools like Google Reader, Labs, and FriendFeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post Secret, Facebook, two gmail accounts, two hotmail accounts, blogs, oncourse(school thing), cyanide and happiness, google

    ReplyDelete