8.12.2008

Snobbery

Because of how I raised, because of who my mother is, I have been raised to be a bit of a snob when it comes to the use of English language.

Poor punctuation, improper use of vocabulary, it all bugs me. Especially when the person, or people, should know better.

So when a friend sent me a link for a blog that made fun of improper use of quotations (think Joey from friends), I was excited.

And I want to share. Plus from that blog you can look at a bunch of other blogs having to do with apostrophes, church signs, bathroom graffiti. You name it, someone makes fun of people for it.

So check it out:
The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks

Others I found through this site include:
Apostrophe Abuse
Literally, A Web Log
Red Pen, Inc.

There are so many entertaining blogs out there. I could continue to give you links, but I don't want to overwhelm you all or take away from the joy of stumbling across something entertaining completely by accident.

So enjoy these, and find some more on your own.

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me? You've found my people! To know I'm not the only one with this obsession thrills me.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete