8.06.2008

Raindrops keep falling on my head

Growing up in the Northwest meant living with rain.

I remember one year when the M's were in the playoffs and they kept going on and on about how it had rained some ridiculous number of days in a row.

I don't run for cover at the first sight of moisture. In fact, I don't even own an umbrella. That's just not how it's done.

Until I moved to the Springs, I didn't realize I would miss the rain.

I know live in a place that has as many, if not more, sunny days that the Northwest has rainy days.

We'll get the occasional afternoon summer storm in the winter, and there was snow every now and again during the winter. But tonight it actually rained.

'Clouded up completely, rain drops falling outside for hours' type of rain. Until I heard that sound this evening, I didn't even realize I had missed it.

We needed a good rain, too. It may actually lower the temperature briefly as well. Tomorrow it's supposed to be below 80, for the first time since I don't know when.

So I'm sitting in the living room, listening to the drops drip and enjoying fresh air that is only possible when a rainshower has washed everything clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment