8.22.2008

Mountain Retreat

My roommate agreed to take care of a coworker's dogs for the evening, and I decided to tag along.

For those of you that aren't aware, the Springs are right beside the Rocky Mountains. And tonight I found myself riding into the mountains.

The house is on a dirt road that branches off another dirt road that branches of a side road that...well, you get the idea. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

The dogs aren't allowed outside after a certain time because of bears and you have a gorgeous view of the mountains off the back porch. Pretty much it's a getaway.

I'm no stranger to the middle of nowhere. I went to college in the middle of nowhere and I have family that lives so far in the middle of nowhere that you can't even get a cell phone signal unless you climb the highest hill and cock your head at just the right angle.

Sometimes it's nice to just get away. To be out of contact with regular society. To forget about rush hour traffic. To not be so easy to get ahold of. Even if it's only for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment