8.08.2008

Quick-Draw McGraw

I have had one surgery during the course of my life. It happened the summer after I finished at community college.

I had trigger finger. My left middle finger.

Contrary to what you're probably thinking right now, I have never shot a gun in my life. We never even had one in the house.

Well, my dad had a bb gun when I was younger - maybe he still does - although I'm not sure why.

To stay on topic, trigger finger basically meant I would wake up in the mornings and my finger would be locked in a curled position. I could bend and straighten all my other fingers, I could flex my entire hand, but my middle finger wouldn't move.

I would have to physically pry it open every morning and loosen it up.

So I had surgery, which meant four stitches in my palm. Just a few days before I went to coach at basketball camp.

Excellent plan.

The camp director cleared everything up when he introduced me the first day. He told the campers my boyfriend had bitten me.

Then I spent the week trying to catch the basketball with my right hand and left forearm. Not as easy as it sounds.

So that's why they call me Quick-Draw McGraw.

Just kidding.

No one's ever called me that.

No comments:

Post a Comment