1.01.2009

Bear with me

I'd like to introduce you to a new concept.

They (It?) are (is?) called 'husbandhunters'.

Now that I've mentioned that word/term you probably have an image in your head. My guess is, it's wrong.

Unless you know me, and then you probably know what I'm talking about.

But wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. It all started three years ago. I remember it like it was yesterday.....(fade to foggy dream-like scene)

I was headed up for a weekend on the mountain with a large group. One man was promised that he would find his bride that weekend. I don't remember how that promise became a reality - that's not the important part of the story.

Anyways, I decided that if he got a wife, I deserved a husband. And obviously if you know me, I got one.

Or not.

Enter stage left my snow attire for the weekend. The full Carhartt body suit.

Do you have an image in your mind?

No? Let me help you.


Is the image a little clearer in your mind now? Good. Glad I could help.

Now my entire family, and some of my friends, call this ensemble (pronounce on-som-bley) 'husbandhunters'. No matter who's wearing them.

Hard to believe I didn't find a man that weekend.

I did catch plenty eyes though.

No comments:

Post a Comment