12.11.2008

Things are getting crazy

I started house/dogsitting today. Lacey the Labrador and I will be the best of friends for the next month or so.

It's a pretty sweet set up. I'm living in a retirement condo community, so it's going to get pretty crazy. I'll tell you what, you haven't partied 'til you've partied with the retired folks. It's off the hook.

Wait, did I really just use the phrase 'off the hook.' I don't know what came over me.

Anyways, Lacey the Labrador (she's actually a mix, but I like alliterations) is a pretty sweet dog. In every sense of the word sweet. So we should have a good time together.

Her parents headed off to Alaska - that's right, Alaska - to see their kids for the holidays. Personally, I think Lacey the Labrador got the better end of the deal. She doesn't have to fly, deal with the cold weather, or live in the darkness. And she gets me.

Lucky dog! (pun intended)

I'll be sure to keep you apprised of our adventures together. And maybe one of these days I'll actually include a picture or too. If I get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment