12.20.2008

Can't get it back

I had put off grocery shopping since I started house/dogsitting. And, boy, do I regret it.

I headed off late this morning to load up on a few necessities and other things that looked yummy.

It was an absolute madhouse out there.

It's almost as if there's a snowstorm expected, Christmas is closing in, and the streets are finally (mostly) clear from the last storm. Almost.

Just finding a parking spot was ridiculous. Then I had to find a cart, which was no easy task. People were waiting by the doors to grab carts that were being dropped off. After wrestling a cart from the hands of a 90-year-old woman with a cane (not really, that was for dramatic effect) I set off to navigate the gridlock that was groceries.

I was so frazzled by it all that I didn't even get everything I set out for.

And it wasn't even just the grocery store. The roads were also ludicrous. (I totally used the thesaurus to avoid using ridiculous again. Oops, there it is.)

I am so exhausted that I have collapsed on the coach to veg out to some college basketball. In a few minutes, all will be right with the world.

For the first time this holiday season I cannot wait for Christmas to be over.

And I'm sad that I can't get those two hours of my life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment