12.21.2008

That took too long.

I'm sure my readers are about as tired of hearing about the snow as they were about my unemployment, but I just have to get this off my chest.

I'm alone in a condo with a dog and I get tired of talking to her all the time. Wait, did I write that. I mean...

Anyways, to save you from hearing complaining, I'm just going to give you a blow-by-blow of my trip across town. That's right, across town. Keep in mind this usually takes about 15-20 minutes. It took me somewhere between 45-60 minutes.

9:35 p.m. - Dad drops me off at the grocery store at my car, since it wasn't able to make it up the hill to our house.

9:39 p.m. - After I clear the snow off my car, I get in and try to reverse. No dice. I try again and fail. I try to pull forward, but progress is impeded by a large pile of snow. I give up and resign myself to putting my chains on.

9:43 p.m. - I get the first chain on with out a hitch. The second chain is a little more difficult. I wrestle with it and fight the snow, but succeed.

9:49 p.m. - I make my way through the parking lot rather smoothly and decide that I'll go via freeway. Bad idea, the lack of snow makes the chains painful, but after all the struggle to get them on they're staying. I take the next exit off.

9:57 p.m. - My right chain, the difficult one, is not on tight enough and is creating loud annoying unnecessary noise. I have to stop and adjust. Dang it.

10:06 p.m. - I'm back on the road and stall for the first time. The combination of the snow, the chains, and my frustration is making my car even more temperamental than usual.

10:15 p.m. - I've made it most of the way across town at low speeds due to the chains. Then I stall for the second time. Awesome.

10:22 p.m. - I'm basically home, make it across a small drift into the parking lot only to realize that I should probably take the chains off. I'd hate to have rust problems.

10:29 p.m. - The chains are off, the parents have been called, and the dog has peed. I'm exhausted.

For the first time since I got my car, I'm missing the subaru.

Oh AWD (All-Wheel Drive, if you were confused), how nice you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment