12.28.2008

Guess who's back...back again...

Name that song.

Okay. Moving on. It's been quite a few days. No surprise there considering the time of year and all the madness that accompanies it.

I have about a million and twenty things to say, but instead what to share a few posts that other people have written recently that really struck a chord with me.

It just so happens that I might be related to (some of) them.

But before I get to that - expect another post in the near future - I want to give you a run down of what the heck has been going on with me.

First, the great snowstorm of 2008 appears to be over. The temperature is back in the 40s, where is should be, and snow is melting away. This means that the dog and I are actually able to get out and about. And we're loving every minute of it.

I have started my training! Phew. It was looking a little dicey there with missing materials, snow closures, and poor road conditions, but people came through to make it happen. So I'm slowly chipping away at the lessons. It'll be slow going 'til the fam and friends are back in school, but that's expected. Just don't be surprised if my typing turns weird every once in a while. I'm retraining the fingers with this program and may lose control every once in a while.

(If I never explained the job and train fully, I'll try to cover that in the coming weeks/months/days.)

Christmas was a wonderful, quiet holiday (besides the three dogs fighting for attention) with just the immediate family. It was also smaller than it's been in a while and without a tree. Luckily the mom came through with some decorations so the spirit came alive before C-day, but we settled for a Christmas kennel - thanks to Jamaica for her contribution - instead of a tree.

Otherwise not too much is going on. I have the chance to catch up with a few friends, which is always wonderful. I'm also continuing to plasma donation for as long as the veins, needles and I agree.

My life in a nutshell, I guess.

Boy, aren't you glad I took a whole post to tell you about it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment