12.23.2008

Lacking Spirit

I don't know if you realize or not, but it's Christmastime.

In fact, it's Christmas Eve Eve. (I really wasn't sure what to do about capitalization in for that.)

Funny thing though. If you visited my family's house, you would never guess. There is not a Christmas decoration, twinkling light, or even wrapped presents in sight.

Apparently we are lazy. Or something.

We have purchase presents, but not a single one is wrapped which isn't surprising considering my family.

I mean, we tend to wrap birthday presents in grocery bags. Always have it seems like.

Anyways, back to our lack of Christmas. There are many reasons nothing has happened. And at this point, I can pretty much promise nothing much will happen - besides the present wrapping.

We will celebrate though. Not getting lots of stuff, or even something really expensive, but the birth of our Savior.

My faith isn't something I've talked about much on this blog. This hasn't necessarily been purposeful. Mostly I think I tend to pull my blogs from off the top of my head and spiritual thoughts are a little heavier, and tend to sink to the bottom.

If that makes sense.

Christmas is what I really consider the foundation of my faith. It's when Jesus was born, even if it wasn't in December all those years ago - that's not really the crucial part.

Nothing else about what I believe would be possible if he hadn't been born. And I have seen too much, experienced too much, been blessed with too much, not to believe.

I'm taking the next couple days off, but I just wanted to take this moment to wish you a very Merry Christ-mas. I hope that you are able to fully it enjoy it - whatever it might mean to you.

And I hope really and truly that you make it where you want to go for the holidays. This weather has been a beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment