12.15.2008

Hours of...

I spent way too much time watching TV today. This is the complete truth.

Part of me felt that I had abandoned my post as dogsitter extraordinaire this weekend and felt the need to stay with Lacey the Labrador all day long to make up for it. And then I finished the one book I had around ten o'clock this morning.

Added to that was the fact that the temperature was hovering around 0 degrees Fahrenheit with the windchill. No dog walking excursions outside, that was for sure.

The situation was dire, to say the least.

So I turned to the telly. And I suppose in its own way it did help me out.

I watched the end of a Can You Duet marathon on CMT. For those who are unaware this is a country singing competition for duos, in case the title didn't provide that info for you.

Maybe I can convince my sister to go try out with me.

I hit up TLC for some Jon & Kate Plus 8 action, as well as What Not To Wear. (although if you ask me Tim Gunn's Guide to Style is a much better show)

I checked out a few reused holiday specials on the Food Network.

I watched part of an episode of Trading Spouses, but didn't have the guts to stick it out to the end. In all honesty, the show kind of creeps me out. Don't ask me to explain it; I can quite put it into words.

CMT reminded me of my love for songs such as Chicken Fried (Zac Brown Band) and Feel the Fire (Dierks Bentley).

And when I finally went out into to public I was wearing boot cut wranglers with cowboy boots.

That doesn't really have anything to do with TV, but I thought I'd share it anyways. Hopefully tomorrow is just as successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment