9.19.2008

Upgrades

I got a new computer recently. I may have mentioned that already, but I don't really remember clearly. It was partially purchased out of necessity and partially out of the thrill of a new toy.

I also took advantage of the buy a laptop, get an iPod special. That's right, I'm a Mac person.

Here's the annoying thing though. A newer version of the iPod just came out. It's fancier, updated and - better yet - cheaper.

So I sit here tempted to spend money for more storage space, when I have a perfectly decent free iPod ready for use. I even have a larger video iPod, which holds all my music. So a new iPod with slightly increased storage capacity is unnecessary.

Whoever had that quote about the grass being greener, knew what they were talking about.

I'm just trying to remind myself that since I'm unemployed, spending money unnecessarily isn't the smartest choice for me to make.

Instead, I'm giving the iPod to my father.

It's so easy to get sucked in the consumer society that we live in. And it's just no necessary. Especially when you don't have the money, space, etc. to deal with extra stuff.

Now it's off to explore the job market. Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment