11.24.2008

Lack of follow-through

I don't know if you've been paying attention much, but repeatedly since I returned home I have mentioned my need to get organized.

I have a confession to make: it hasn't happened.

Organization is something I like, and currently crave. But, frankly, I'm overwhelmed by my crap. Seriously overwhelmed.

Combined with other stuff that has been thrown into my room since I first left, I'm just not sure where to start.

But I came to a realization this week.

I need to downsize.

I'm not talking about getting rid of a couple shirts that I haven't worn in forever and don't even really fit. Nope, what I have in mind is getting rid of enough that it fits in the space I have with maybe even some room to spare.

This is going to be a project. Definitely bigger than the usual sort-and-stuff method I use to clear floor space.

So I am also being realistic about it and not even trying to start until next week. With Thanksgiving and siblings coming home and cooking and maybe even a wee bit o' shopping, I think starting the Ultimate Sort would be better left to after the chaos.

I'm trying to set myself up for success.

So...t-minus one week until the Ultimate Sort. You heard it hear first.

No comments:

Post a Comment