11.12.2008

Country Music

I am a HUGE country music fan. Which is kind of silly because I'm not from the south or a hick (although my mother seems to think I am - a hick, I mean).

(I am not saying only those from the south or hicks like music, but you know what I mean.)

Anyways, tonight was something I had been looking forward to for weeks. The CMA's. Tons of live performances, some my faves and some artists...not so much.

And the outfits, throwback mixed with casual combined with elegant, and that's just Carrie Underwood's wardrobe for the night.

The best shirt I saw - 'Joe the Strummer' - a guitar (pronounced gee-tar) player for Kid Rock. (If you don't catch that play on words, I can only shake my head.)

Basically, what I am saying is that I am riding a high right now.

I am also thinking that I should have put the past two months to better use. Like actually learning to play my guitar and writing songs about my life. Wouldn't that have been exciting music - me on the couch with a dog on my lap, haven't left the house, just took a nap.

I think I could make it big.

I'm pretty sure that thought will pass quickly, but for now I am going to head to my room to concentrate on writing some really good lyrics.

Hey, it could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment