11.07.2008

Change may or may not happen....for me.

While I am excited about the recent election and anxious to see what the future will bring, I have more important things on my mind.

Like what I want to be when I grow up.

The age old question that has plagued man (and really only men) for centuries. (Okay, that's not really true, mostly they didn't have much choice for a very long time.)

Here's the thing. I have my degree, I have some job experience, and I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life. In the current economic state this confusion really doesn't help with so few jobs on the loose.

So I have a plan, a proposition if you will, for the president elect.

A new stay-at-home incentives program. What better way to reduce carbon dioxide emissions than to never leave home?! For this to truly work however, there will have to be a few things worked in to the amendment or bill or presedential proclamation (not sure how this gets set up).

First of all, I need to have my student loans pardoned (or whatever the appropriate term may be). There could be certain requirements for this, such as number of miles put on my car, gallons of gasoline purchased in a year, etc. to ensure that I am holding up my end of the bargain.

Because sitting around my parent's house in my pajama will increase my chances of finding a husband, I will also need an arranged marriage. I also have a list for this one, but the president and I can get over that when things get serious.

I would accept some sort of employment that allows to work from home, in sweats.

So there's my proposal. I think it has potential. I wouldn't be driving much, and I own a hybrid. So when I would drive it would have much less impact, thank you very much.

The president elect can feel free to contact me at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment