6.07.2008

the morning

I have never been a morning person. I never get out of bed quickly, I don't really want to talk, and I only eat so I won't be cranky later.

Over the years I have perfected the art of getting up as late as possible and still being on time. It's a true skill. But it has taken years of practice.

In middle school and high school I was usually on my own in the morning. My dad left for school usually before I woke up and my mom isn't exactly a morning person either. In fact, she would lay in bed and yell and me to get up.

I quickly learned that because she was in bed she wouldn't actually know whether I was up and around or not. I began to yell back and wiggle around in my bed, trying to make noise and let my mom know that I was "up."

Luckily for me, the bed was metal and made a lot of noise. Many a morning I used this trick to buy myself more time in bed.

I still was always on time to class to. Like I said...a gift.

Now, no one checks to make sure I'm up in the morning. Although, my roommates are up and around, so it's hard to sleep in.

Luckily all that practice I got in years ago has allowed me to get as much sleep as possible and still make it to work on time every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment