6.10.2008

Competitive

I am a competitive person. Always have been, always will be.

It doesn't matter what the activity is. It can be something I am good at, such as basketball, or something I rarely play, such as putt putt golf. I want to win.

In fact, I turn everyday activities into competitions. In December, the old one and I won while crossing the border. Meaning we beat a car in the other line across.

This competitive spirit had a negative impact on the interactions between my brother and myself when we were young. We would argue unceasingly. Often, we wouldn't be able to finish board games because we would be fighting so much. Almost always we said something we didn't mean.

I like to think that both my brother and I have outgrown this tendency. Don't get me wrong, we are both still incredibly competitive. But we are a little more mature.

And we're willing to wait for another chance to prove we are better.

For all that maturity I've gained, I still want to win. Every time, at everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment