6.02.2008

A Case of Mistaken Relationship

I am good friends with both of my siblings. We talk, text, IM, facebook. We get along...most of the time.

Where is this going you wonder? A look at the laughs/discomfort my brother and I have experienced over the years.

I'm not talking about how we've fought, disagreed and argued - although all of that happened fairly frequently. And occasionally still does.

Nope, what I'm talking about is all the times my brother and I have been mistaken for a couple. It's unfortunate, really, but we've had a few good laughs over the years. I was reminded of this phenomena this past weekend.

I was home for a few days and convinced my brother that he should come have martinis with my best friend and myself. We got to Poppes, my favorite martini bar ever, before she did. He declared that having to walk in and sit with me was ruining his at love. It was a depressing time.

But back to the point - all those other times. I thought I would impart a few moments to you, my loyal readers.

Numba 1:

In high school, my brother worked at Little Ceasers which was just a few minutes from our house. One afternoon I stopped by to trade him cars. I went to the back door and one of his coworkers grabbed my brother for me.

My brother came to the door and said his coworker, Butter, asked if I was his girlfriend. When my brother responded in the negative, Butter asked if he could have my number.

If that isn't classy, I don't know what is.

Numba 2

Right after Christmas my sophomore year in college my basketball team traveled to Southern California. My sister, mom and dad left on Christmas day to meet me there because the tickets were cheaper, so my brother and I spent the day at the neighbors.

The introduced us as Elizabeth and Jonathan Wiley, their neighbors. Later, my brother had one of the uncles ask him how long we had been married.

There's no easy way to answer that question without awkwardness.

Those are my two favorites. There have been others but none as remarkable. Hope they brought you some laughter as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment