2.15.2011

Ten on Tuesday: Sugar Hangover

I feel like I just ate dessert yesterday.  Probably because I pretty much did.  If not on Valentines, when is it appropriate?

My doctor would probably argue never.  To him I say "I choose my own destiny."  And apparently I choose an early death.

I kid, I kid.  (About choosing an early death, that is.)

Anyways, on to the main event, Ten on Tuesday.  Feel free to play along!

1. Any vacations you are looking forward to this summer?
I don't have anything planned yet, but I would love to go somewhere.  Just not sure where it might be.  Any ideas for good trips on a budget?

2. What is your favorite article of summer clothing?
Apparently we're over winter with these questions.  I couldn't agree more.  What I wouldn't give for warm sun and a beautiful beach right now.  I don't know if I have a favorite clothing article.  Summery dresses are nice, but I pretty much live in tank tops, shorts, and flip flops.

3. What is your favorite summer drink (alcoholic or non)?
I really liked green tea lemonades (unsweetened) and mojitos!  Probably mojitos the most.

4. Do you tan or burn?
I mostly sunscreen.  Although most summers I'm outside enough that even with sunscreen I get fairly tan.  I did burn my chest once last year, because I spaced out and it ended up being nicer than anticipated.

5. Any goals you are working toward this summer?
My cousin (who WILL be visiting from Finland) and I just decided to do a 7-mile race in July.  So I should probably do some sort of training for that.  7 miles is probably 3-4 miles more than I've ever run at a time.  I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into.

6. What is your favorite summertime food?
I love grilling kabobs and greek salad.  And homemade ice cream.  There's more I can't think of right now, but I'll get back to you in 5 or 6 months to verify.

7. What song most says "summer" to you?
I don't know if I could narrow it down to one.  Country music and summer feel like they go hand in hand to me.  I would love to make it to a few big concerts this year.  Add that to #5.

8. Any home improvement goals planned for the summer?
Well, I don't have a house to improve, but I'm pretty sure my parents would like to redo their back deck, finish the hall bathroom, get A LOT of painting done, and clear out the basement...so nothing major.  Since I live here, I'm sure I'll be enlisted.

9. What is one thing you hate to see at the beach?
Litter.  Dead marine life.  People wearing really, really small swimsuits that should know better.

10. Did you ever go to summer camp?
A few times.  Most years summer camp meant basketball camp.  I did 5 or 6 of those.  I also went to church camp one summer.  I don't remember much from that week, other than it being in the mountains so the river was glacier cold, we did archery, and there were some funny skits at night.

10. Did you ever go to a summer camp?

4 comments:

  1. Ooh. Yes. Kabobs. I wish I would have thought of that specifically... hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh summer... I wish it were already here! I miss grilling sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. summerrrrr.....grilling...oh goodnes.s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I didn't even THINK of kabobs. Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete