I'm glad someone finally recognized how stylish I am.
(I kid, I kid.)
However, this award is not without a few strings.
Here are the rules of the game:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 great bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers and tell them about the award!
7 Things About Me:
1. I love sports, more than what would be considered "normal" for any woman. And I'm totally proud of it. Basketball is my favorite, but there's not much I won't check out or even play. I don't promise I'll be good at it though.
2. I skipped the second grade. After being held back before kindergarten because of my summer birthday, it quickly became clear that was unnecessary. I was a little bored and more than my teachers could deal with. So I did 2nd grade over a summer.
3. I've never broken a bone, but I have stapled my fingers together, gashed a hole in my head, fallen whole-body into berry bushes, has surgery for trigger finger, and even burned my butt. Nothing serious, but a lot of ridiculous.
4. I have two siblings, a younger brother and sister. We were born within 3.5 years of each other. I'm not quite sure how my mother survived us.
5. I owned my own mower before I had a car. My dad and I (as well as my brother and sister at various times) spent our summers mowing lawns, and weeding if it was unavoidable.
6. I currently work as a transcriber at a local university, providing communication access (via computers) for deaf and hard-of-hearing students, but I graduated with a degree in Sport Management. I'd love to use it again someday.
7. I'm kind of a country girl at heart. I love riding horses, jeans and boots, getting my hands, working up a sweat via physical labor, rocking out to country music, and cruising along in a 4-wheel-drive, manual transmission pick-up (not truck!). Too bad I live in a city. Or maybe it just makes me appreciate the country life a little more.
Now, onto the 15 bloggers I'm nominating. I don't really care if any of you care this on, like some sort of chain letter. I really just want to see what 7 things you come up with. Here's my 15:
1. My mom at A Word About Words
2. My sister at Murmurs of Me
3. My cousin at Northern Lights of Joy
4. Christine! at CC Does Seattle
Oh gosh, I'm already exhausted by this list. But I will press on.
5. Carrie at a Chocolate Covered To-Do List
6. Molly at a Foreign Land
7. Stevie at Allow Me to Introduce....Myself
8. Sarah Beth at Midwest to Northwest
9. Jay at Genius Pending
10. Lydia at Shopping and Spreadsheets
11. Jeanna of That's What Je Said
12. Krystal at Village
14. Amy at Second City Randomness
15. Alynne at Pink Lemonade
I love reading all of these blogs, for many different reasons, and I can't wait to learn more about (I'm talking to you sister) each of them.
On that note, happy weekend. I'm an old woman and since my night was so full from watching a play and knitting (I tell no lies), I'm hitting the hay (reference to #7).