I'm low on energy and time tonight, so my intro won't be quite as witty as usual. I hope you all survive it. I'm headed across the state tomorrow, which means 6 hours of driving for me. For now, picture me running around like a chicken with its head cut off as you get a little glimpse of my week.
- Wednesday morning. The story is too long to tell here, but the moral of the story is not to leave my cell phone at home. A student took a cab when they were late to class.
- The cocktail of drugs I took to deal with my headache today. That sounds worse than it is. I'm not a druggie, but migraines sometimes call for serious actions.
- Having to walk into a small classroom late and then dropping your cell loudly onto a table.
- Some of the faces I make when the camera is pointed at me. I just can't seem to help myself.
- My ability to always be a little frantic when I'm going out of town. How is it that so many things collide to pack my schedule at inopportune times.
- Scraping my windshield with my campus ID card. It works okay, but my hand always freezes over.
- The smell that permeates clothing after a visit to a Mexican restaurant. And febreeze totally just made it worse.
- Still being in regular clothes after 11pm at night. That should be outlawed unless you're out having a good time. Otherwise we should be in sweats. (Raise your hand if your mind was somewhere else before I mentioned sweats.)
- How long my list of awkward is compared to my list of awesome. I hope to do some work on that.
- A girl's weekend! Spa time, cousin time, fancy clothes and restaurants. Basically everything amazing.
- Getting my hair done. It just always makes me feel a little fancier. Plus I love having it straightened by someone else.
- The fact that I am limited in the clothes I have to pack, especially considering I haven't actually started yet. It's going to make my life tonight a lot easier.
- Pulled pork pizza. You'll have to trust me on this.
- Not being under layers of ice and snow like most of the rest of the country.
- Celebrating my grandpa's birthday. (And birthday cake!)
- Hopefully, Superbowl commercials.
Check out the other awkwards and awesomes over at Sydney's blog.