2.17.2011

Awkward and Awesome: The Midnight Edition

It's practically Friday as I write this, but I never really consider a new day until I've actually slept.  My blog, my rules.  I have for your feasting pleasure another edition of awkward and awesome.

Awkward:
- The phone calls I received last weekend.  Ridiculous.  As an update, he hasn't called back.  I haven't heard from my "boyfriend" either.
- Some of the contents of our now cleaned out hall pantry.  Food expired in 2001?  You can find it here.
- Walking towards someone who is very committed to where they are walking and really needing to get past them, while pulling a roller bag.
- Dragging a rolling computer bag around campus.  I'm so kewl.
- Listening to the nuances of how people speak.  In case you are wondering, none of us are very competent in our use of English.  It's scary sometimes.
- A 3+ hour flight delay.  That's actually more awful than awkward.  Now, my dad, aunt and cousin are passing the time at Denny's.
- My blog post titling abilities.  Let's just say it's not my forte.
- How smudgy my computer and keyboard gets.  It's like I'm a five-year-old getting my dirty fingers all over.

Awesome:
- Family reunion weekend!  Sunday we'll have 17 people at our house for dinner and 8 people are sleeping here.  It should be a fun time, when it's not out of control.
- Going to tea, it's kind of a family tradition, at least when my aunt visits.
- Sarcasm. I don't think any explanation is needed here.
- Extra hours at work for the next two weeks.  (Awkwardly, however, those hours are 7-10 p.m.)

Unfortunately, that's all the awesome I seem to be able to muster tonight.  It could be exhausting, but all I could think of beyond that list were obvious and already used items like Friday, sweatpants, and cuddling with the puppy.  All still awesome, but overused and slightly cliche.

Instead I think I'll take myself off to the land of nod, rest up for the family invasion, a test for a pay raise at work tomorrow, and whatever else might come my ways (because as everyone knows, a good list has three items.).

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear about your boyfriend. But maybe you're better off without him ;-)

    Have fun this weekend! Being with family can be both awkward and awesome, but hopefully the awesome wins out for everyone on Sunday.

    Where do you go to tea? I love going to tea with my mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2001, huh? You totally have me beat... I just thought it was bad that pasta expired after like 2 years or something...

    Have fun with the fam this weekend!

    ReplyDelete