3.03.2009

Not My Cup O' Tea

This weekend was a blur for me filled with too much driving, catching up with some of my favorite people and wedding planning/buying.

Before you jump to any conclusions, let me be clear that I am NOT getting married. At least not anytime in the near future. Currently, I define the concept of 'single'.

My cousin, however, is getting married. June 20. And I am a bridesmaid.

This is what I learned from the wedding portion of the weekend:

1.) I am INCREDIBLY thankful to not have a wedding to plan. Just dealing with everyone's expectations and suggestions would be exhausting, let alone making the actual decisions.

2.) If I ever happen to get married, I will elope. It just seems easiest. My sister has already voiced her objections to this idea.

3.) Since I have announced my elopement plans I will probably be forced into a wedding, in which case I will have my bridemaids were a common shoe color in whatever shoe fits them best. I will also probably let them pick their dresses (again in a common color). Especially since that is something they pay for, not me.

4.) The only thing I really care about for the ceremony/reception is the food. It better be good and there better be an abundance.

5.) Mostly though, I'm just planning on eloping. I feel it's the best choice, financially, emotionally, and mentally.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

  1. We have already decided that we are going to run off and get married ourselves...maybe invite a couple of friends and then have a reception/open house/big dinner with our friends and family. No wedding day stress for me!!

    ReplyDelete