3.07.2009

Small Pet Peeve

Since I've been home - well, whenever I'm home actually - I make use of the local public library.

It's a great way to save money, especially at the rate I've been cruising through books during all the free time of unemployment provided me.

Plus, there is a ton of variety there even if it isn't all good. To me.

One thing I've discovered that REALLY annoys me is other readers who feel the need to edit books. Maybe they don't like the word choice, maybe there is a typo. Either way, some person out there feels the need to "fix" the mistake.

Except it's only more distracting to have pen or pencil scratch marks in the text. I probably wouldn't have noticed if the author used 'girl' instead of 'young woman'.

It's really annoying. C'mon people.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guilty of writing in library books; not editing text, but highlighting and notating in the margin. You may revoke my card as necessary.

    ReplyDelete