3.12.2009

One word: Ridiculous.

I'm a college basketball fan. I've said it before and I'll say it again, probably two or three or 20 times.

This is probably the best time of the year for me. March Madness begins not just with the NCAA Tournament, but the conference tournaments leading up to it. And even the last few weeks of the regular season.

Tonight, I experienced the most ridiculous game ever. EVER.

Syracuse vs. Connecticut. 6 Overtimes.

The box score read like a baseball game. The game took almost four hours. Nine players scored in double figures between the two teams. Eight players fouled out of the game.

With the win Syracuse earned a place in the semifinals of the Big East tournament.

I don't even know what to say about the game. It was just ridiculous. The length of a tennis match with as many periods as a baseball game.

You can't write a script for that.

This game is just six reasons that I love college basketball.

And I'm hoping to have a front row seat in Portland next week for the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Keep your fingers crossed that either CBS needs me or my friend can hook me up with tickets.

1 comment: