3.31.2009

My Other Gig

The weather this time of year is pretty fickle, constantly causing the weathermen to look like they don't know what they are talking about.

Today, I'm pretty happy with the weather's (or is it Mother Nature's) fickle nature.

Why?

Because when I walked out of my second class of the day the sun was shining and the sky was blue. This doesn't mean it is at all warm outside, but it's a step in the right direction.

More importantly, the sunshine means that job #2 is good to go for the day.

You see, when I'm not in the classroom typing away on a computer, I'm out walking around behind a lawn mower. That's right; I'm a lawn care professional. And I don't care who knows it.

This is, in fact, my 7th year mowing lawns. Impressive, no?

I can honestly say that I never thought I would still be doing this after receiving my college degree. Little did I know...

I have built up impressive skills over the years, too. I can wield a lawn mower, blower, and weed eater with dexterity and grace.

(Maybe not so much on the grace part. I've never heard anyone use the word graceful to describe me.)

I also have an eye for a sharp looking lawn and have Accuweather bookmarked on my computer. That hour-by-hour forecast occasionally comes in handy - when it's right, that is.

Pretty much what I am saying here is: I define cool.

Don't believe me; every teenagers gets a car around their 16th birthday, but how many get a lawn mower.

Who's jealous now?

1 comment:

  1. My father always told me to be weary of a woman skilled in the ways of power tools... I think I'm starting to see what he mean by that. ;)

    ReplyDelete