12.17.2007

Patience

I constantly talk about my lack of patience, not on this blog, just in general. But occasionally I have moments of great patience.

For example, during the past couple days mi madre, the sister, and I have taken up a number of knitting projects. (Please refer to my blog on my life of old lady-ness for clarification) Mi madre started a scarf out of two separate yarns, and then decided to take it out and start over.

Bad idea.

The fuzzy yarn had entangle everything and ten minutes into taking it apart she was ready to crumple it all up and throw it away.

In comes patient me. I spent about an hour and a half pulling it apart and winding it back up. Unfortunately the fuzzy yarn could not be salvaged. It is lying on the living room floor resembling some sort of dead creature.

So there's my patience for the day.

Come to think of it, maybe I am just stubborn. Who knows?!

No comments:

Post a Comment