12.19.2007

One serious, one not so much

I have been thinking recently as Christmas approaches about needs and wants. Personally, I don't have many needs in my life. I have a home, food, clothes, and people that love me.

On the other hand I have a lot of wants, many that I get confused with needs. A nicer car. An iPod big enough to fit all my music. A newer computer. All things I have either recently purchased, received, or hope to have soon.

Other items including clothes and shoes (I don't even know how many I have) are always on the list of things to buy. But the thing is. I DO NOT need it.

So why?

I think it is partially the society we live in and partially just plain old human weakness. It is something about myself that I need to work on. That's for sure. Because at some point it becomes ridiculous, unnecessary, and distracting. And I passed that point some time ago.

- - - - - -

I watched the Borne Ultimatum tonight. Well...sort of. Basically I can't tell if it is any good because the rental DVD that has already been viewed by at least a million people didn't work. So I have seen about 30 minutes, and most of that involved fighting.

*Sigh*

Maybe someday I will see the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment