5.12.2008

Stuff

I want to start out by apologizing to my mother. That was a pretty lame mother's day post. She definitely deserves better. So this one's for you!

My mom writes. If anyone was ever born for something it was my mom and writing.

She's kept journals since well before my life began, and every day she writes in them.

It was her I turned for every time I had a paper due, even after I moved out of the house. She forced me to be better and even now as I write this blog she will mention when I screw something up.

At the same time, because of her abilities I feel lacking and sometimes I prove that I am. There is a story behind this...

One day I was riding in the car with my mom. We were going home from who knows where and just about to turn onto our street. I remember it distinctly.

I was talking about how I've always felt that I am not that great of a writer, but recently had realized that I really was above average as I compared my own writing to many of my peers - mostly in school work.

The I turned to her and said, "It's not that I'm uncapable."

Case in point. So I should probably leave the writing to her.

The funny thing is, I have fallen into a job that my primary responsibilities have to do with writing - stories, press releases, recaps.

This memory though - to get back to Mom - is one that we use often. Mostly to poke fun at each other, because that's what my family does.

I still have her look over my writing, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment