5.21.2008

Reminder

I was pretty lucky growing up. I got along with parents for the most part, enjoyed my siblings, and had a pretty nice life.

This isn't to say it was perfect. There were a couple times we were house-less, between locations, my brother and I fought like cats and dogs, and we were never (and still aren't) rich.

But I was blessed - a better way to say it than lucky I think.

Today I was reminded of something funny from my childhood...from family road trips.

My brother, sister and I are less than four years apart in age. This means we were all under the age of four at together. Personally, I don't know how my mother did it, but that's not the point.

We would travel quite a bit. We were on one side of the side and had quite a bit of family on the other. This meant anywhere from five to eight hours of driving, and this was pre-dvd players in the car.

As they say, desperate times call for desperate measures.

For my parents, that meant dimeatap (or however it's spelled).

Everytime we got into the car to make the trek across the state, or any other long roadtrip, we would take dimeatap. This ensured we would sleep and my parents would at least have a few hours break from:

"Mom, he's staring at me" or "that's my side of the seat."

And here I thought dimeatap was used to fight colds. Little did I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment