5.06.2008

Looking back

I was reminded today of the awkward stages I went through growing up.

Contrary to popular belief, I have not always been the paragon of beauty and grace that I am now. There were a few bumps along the road. Let's look back at a few of those phases.

First there was the boy-like hair cut. I think the common term is bob, but on my head there is nothing feminine about it. The great part is, I had that style three different times throughout my childhood.

How awesome was this haircut?

During a visit to Taco Time, I went up to get the dessert that came with the kids meal. The employee handed me my dessert and said,"here you go, sir."

No joke, it was that bad.

Second awkward phase: seventh grade. I hadn't yet gotten contacts, my braces were freshly glued to my teeth, and I wore a not-so-attractive green jacket all the time.

Let me describe in a little more detail this jacket. It was green plaid, fleece, and rather bulky. Think along the lines of a lumberjack. And no joke, I wore it every single day.

Last bad idea/awkward time in my life. Sun-in.

Anyone who experienced sun-in during the life probably doesn't need to read any further.

This stuff was supposedly the cheap, and quick, way to make your hair lighter in the sun - or with a blowdryer. Instead my hair turned a orange/yellow shade and was practically dry enough to snap.

If that doesn't say sexy, I don't know what does.

What I am trying to say is that awkward and I are close friends. True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment