5.09.2008

Day late, not a dollar short

I had this idea ready yesterday, but then I went to play poker and didn’t get home until late. Too late to make enough sense to write a blog, that is.

So guess what time it is?! That’s right – person o’ the week.

I am taking a story from the world I have been immersed in the past few months. If you haven’t picked up on it, I work in wrestling – mostly at the senior level.

Nationals were a couple weeks ago and at the event I met Lindsay Berra, Yogi Berra’s granddaughter. This may or may not mean anything to you.

But that’s not who the blog is supposed to be about. I am going to try to stay focused here.

Lindsay wrote a story on Sara McMann, a wrestler who has a silver medal from 2004 and has been on top of her weight class since. That is until Nationals. But her story is really about much more than that, much more than wrestling. Lindsey says it better than I, so I will leave you to check out her story.

I know a lot of athletes, a lot of people, have gone through a lot to get where they are. Sara’s just one of many, but that doesn’t make her story less remarkable.

THE RULES ARE THERE ARE NO RULES by Lindsay Berra

No comments:

Post a Comment