Part of me wishes Thanksgiving happened more often. Not because of the food. That would be unnecessary. But because of the reflective side of the holiday.
In my family, we've always used this holiday as a time to share what we're really thankful for, no matter what is going on in life, good or bad. And I wish I did it more often. It's just such a great reminder that life is good.
Today, as I run around frantically preparing food, I thought I'd share a list of things I'm thankful for, right at this moment. These are in no particular order.
2. Amazing travels this year
4. Good friends, old and new
5. The chance to go to grad school, and enjoying the experience so far
6. Money to pay the bills every month
7. A job flexible enough to work in my life
8. A cute apartment with great roomies
9. A fully functional, fuel efficient car
10. Dogs that like to snuggle
11. Memory foam mattress toppers
12. Blog and internet friends
13. Technology, even if it can be a pain occasionally
14. Two awesome blogs that I'm excited to put time into
15. Having grandparents that live right in town
16. My cousin's healthy new baby
17. A warm cozy bed (that is totally calling to me right now)
18. The start of the college basketball season
19. Finding out about friends and family expecting babies
20. Music that makes me want to dance
I know I have so much more than this to be thankful for. But this is enough to remind me to be content with life.
So, what are you thankful for today?
Now go get your stretchy pants on and get ready to eat! Happy turkey day!