11.15.2011

Ten on Tuesday: Food, Work, and other stuff.

Guys, it's almost Thanksgiving, which means Christmas is closing in.  And that just reminds me that I'm a little behind on my Christmas shopping.

I'd rather have it mostly done by next week so I don't have to deal with the craziness that is the Christmas shopping season.  So, get your requests in soon, otherwise who knows what you'll end up with!

Now, onto to the Tuesday morning line up.  Head on over to Roots and Rings to join in the fun.

1. What are your pantry staples?
Pasta, black beans, salsa and chips, tomato products, bread, peanut butter, tea, and recently, sweet potatoes.

2. What are your refrigerator staples?
Milk, eggs, cheese, cream cheese, butter--apparently anything dairy--and fruits/veggies, which vary depending on price/availability.  I've been going for pomegranates and just picked up some asparagus.

3. You already look like Heidi Klum (or your favorite supermodel). Now, what are the top three non-physical things you would change about yourself?
My fear of letting others down,

4. What’s holding you back from your dream job? (If you already have your dream job, how did you get there?)
Experience.  In the current climate it's really hard to compete.  That's why I'm going to grad school.

5. You have $500 to spend but it has to be on one item only. Go.
Frye boots, I've been lusting like "whoa".

6. What is something that you are embarrassed to admit you buy on a regular basis?
I've cut back on my spending this fall.  Outside of bills, it's mostly food purchases, and I can't think of anything embarrassing I purchase a lot.  When I was younger lass, I purchased a lot of shoes and nail polish (a.k.a. a couple months ago).  If you know me well, and can think of something, now is the time to call me out!

7. What’s in/on your bed every night?
Me.  Usually my cell phone (a decent distance from my person).  An extra blanket.  A handful of pillows. And if I'm at my parent's, their springer spaniel.

8. What is a non-necessity item that, no matter how expensive it gets or how tight your budget if, you will always find room for it?
One pair of jeans that fits really, really well.  So versatile and helpful for putting together many an outfit.

9. What is the weirdest sandwich you’ve ever made?
I don't really do "weird" sandwiches.  I like cream cheese on my grilled cheese sandwiches, but I think that's more indulgent than weird.

10. Would you rather: Be banned from Pinterest forever, but gain a million captive Twitter followers; or, never get on Facebook again but gain five thousand blog readers?
I'd probably give up Facebook, not because I really, really desire making it big with my blog, but because I'm completely addicted to Pinterest.  I don't want to give it up.  Ever.

4 comments:

  1. I'm embarrassed to admit how much I spend on booze. :( Bars are so damn expensive!

    And I haven't even started xmas shopping... freaking... out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding cream cheese to a grilled cheese sandwich sounds delicious. I think I need to try that out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I feel blue I buy nail polish. I saw an add for new Essie colors while on a road trip with the fam and I seriously looked up the nearest Target on my Garmin.

    Hecks yeah to the Frye boots!

    ReplyDelete