I'll keep the intro short and sweet, since you are getting so much posting from me this week. Here's the Ten on Tuesday questions for the week, all about traveling. Head on over to Chelsea's blog to join in.
1. What is your dream vacation?
I'll let you know when I experience it. I love the idea of going to a tropical destination and staying in a hut over the water. I want to jump off the deck into the water and lounge around reading.
2. What has been your favorite trip so far in your life?
Europe this summer, hands down, was the best ever. Costa Rica might come in at second. A trip across the Canadian Rockies, through Calgary, and down to Glacier in Montana was another good one. I've had a lot of pretty awesome opportunities in my life.
3. If you and one of your best friends could go anywhere in the world for one week, where would it be and why?
All expenses paid?
Honestly, one week doesn't sound like long enough.
4. Have you ever booked a trip using an online deal? How did it go?
I've used websites to book flights or hotels, but I've never booked a whole vacation that way. Sometimes I'm tempted by deals, but part of me wonders if they would really be as good as they seem.
5. What’s your favorite thing to do while you’re on vacation?
Depends on where I'm visiting. Sometimes I like to relax, sometimes I like to take in as many sites as possible.
6. Have you ever missed an opportunity to take a trip that you regret?
I'm not one to let an opportunity to travel slip through my fingers. In fact, if there are any offers out there, I'm available. (Not really, but I could make it happen.)
7. You travel far away from home and get stranded with no way to buy anything, what’s the one thing you can’t live without?
Clean underwear or a toothbrush.
8. What’s one of your favorite traveling memories?
Using old receipts to play hangman while on the day cruise from Helsinki to Tallinn this summer with my aunt and cousins. We might have gone crazy otherwise. It was a long 4 hours of sitting around.
9. All included resort or backpacking? Why?
I'd probably go with the resort, but only because it seems way beyond my means. Well, it doesn't just seem beyond my means. It is beyond my means. That said, there are some places it would be really cool to backpack.
10. Are you more of a lie on the beach kind of person on vacation, or do you prefer to see the sights?
Haha...see question five. That totally depends on where I'm vacationing.