9.19.2011

Summer's Over

Sunday was, for all intent and purposes, my last day of summer, which is pretty weird to think about.  Today I had a staff meeting, classes at work start Wednesday, this weekend is my orientation for school, and then next week grad school officially begins.

I'm excited, nervous, and a little bit unsure about how the next three months will go.  Just the reading and writing potentially involved in grad school is enough to make me quiver.  But I'm sure it's all like riding a bike, and even though it's been more than three years, it will all come back to me in a flash.

And now I'm in the process of buying books for one of my classes.  There are a few required readings, and some suggested readings in different categories.  My problem, I want to learn it all.  Seriously.

I'm sure I'll feel very differently about it come three weeks from now when I have a huge pile of books, tons of work to do, and I'm dealing with my commute in the midst of everything else.  For now though, I eager to get going.

Weird.  It seems like just a couple years ago I couldn't wait to finish school.

Oh wait, that was just a couple years ago.  I'm sure I'll remember what that's like quickly.  For now, I'll revel in the excitement though.

(And enjoy a lazy day tomorrow before things really get going.)

1 comment:

  1. i'd love to be going to school, that's my fave thing to do. i could be a student for life i think..

    ReplyDelete