9.25.2011

Fall Fashion Week: Not so lazy. At all.

Today (Sunday) was a full day of orientation.  On Wednesday I started classes to get my Master's of Communication in Digital Media.  After this weekend I'm excited and ready to work my butt off.

My cohort had a bit of a bootcamp today, and by the time we reached the last presentation, we were more than a little brain dead and ready for the ice cream truck that followed.

All the food was a little behind schedule for the day.  Between a visit from the President (yes, that one), a home football game, and end of the season construction, traffic was weirdly an issue.  But when the food and dessert did come, it was worth the wait.

Unlike so many of you lucky ladies, I didn't get to wear comfy clothes and have a lazy day.  I wouldn't have changed my day, but I was more than a little jealous of so many of you.

On a weather-related note, it was supposed to be rainy today, but the sun came out at the dessert reception and I was a little warm in a cardigan and tights.

Also, sorry for the poor picture quality.  But at least the LED lights are energy efficient.

Here's what I wore:

Outfit details:
cardigan: Nordstrom (gift), dress: Banana Republic (thrifted)
belt: cannot remember, tights: old, flats: Rocket Dog
earrings: Silpada (not really visible), watch: Fossil

21 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE this outfit!

    I'm so excited for you and your program. It sounds like you're going to really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of that dress! And the belt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just steal this whole outfit from you?
    That dress is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that dress! I never find good stuff when thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute dress in a FABULOUS color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving the belt & dress color. you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a GREAT outfit! That belt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That belt is fantastic! I love how you paired it with the dress and the cardi. Super cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOw! Just wow! You look SO snazzy!
    What a fun/tired day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pink and brown! Always a gorgeous look! And a visit from the President?? What?? That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving the neckline of that dress. The little flap/button combo is adorable.

    Ahhhhhh, ice cream truck. That sounds like the perfect treat for what seems like one heck of a hectic day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are cute, cute, CUTE in that outfit!

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    PS - Take pics in the red pants! I got a pair last year and have nearly worn them out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The color of that dress looks beautiful on you and the belt is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the color of that dress - it all looks great together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohmygosh.
    I love everything about this outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete