3.29.2008

Sitting with a baby

I babysat last night.

But here's the thing. I cannot remember the last time I had to watch a child or children.

I've dog sat, house sat, and cat sat. But baby sitting is not really my area of expertise or comfort.

But out of the generosity of my heart, I agreed to watch a 16-month-old girl for one of the women I work with.

As I sat in the baby's room trying to distract her and let her mom sneak out the door, I thought 'what the heck am I going to do to entertain her for the next couple hours.'

Luckily the baby and I made it through the next few hours. Mostly because she wanted to eat a lot. There were no major meltdowns, we safely took a bath, I got her ready for bed, and she went to sleep without a fuss.

Overall, mission accomplished. I just can't help but wonder if I bored the child with my inability to think of fun games.

No comments:

Post a Comment