I would have gotten to this post sooner, had I not forgotten my wallet in my car this morning. Because I'm lazy and never remember a lunch, that meant I didn't eat from 9am-5pm. My tummy was not happy and neither was the rest of me.
Phew, I had just to get that out of the way. Now on to Ten on Tuesday. Feel free to play along!
1. How did your parents decide on your name?
I'm pretty sure my mom had the name picked out before I even was a thought. I was named after Beth from Little Women and given a family middle name (Ellen).
2. Do your initials (First, Middle, Last) spell out anything fun/funny?
EEW - just picture someone holding out the "e" on ew (as in gross). What can I say? I got lucky!
3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
I am unmarried and haven't really planned ahead for that. I am partial to my last name though and I like having a family middle name. Maybe I'll just have to wait and see what my husband's last name is.
4. Are you or will you name your children thematically (ie. same first letter, all of same origin…)
I have not planned ahead for this either, although I'm not a big fan of huge themes. I think I'd be more concerned how the names sound with the last name and each other.
5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
There are a few names I've always like, but I don't have anything set.
6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
My middle name is a family name, as I've mentioned. My brother actually changed his middle name to a family name, Justus, which I love. I know there are more than that, but I don't have a good enough memory to come up with them all.
7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
The meaning of the name as well as the name itself is important to me. My first dictionary (nerd alert) had a collection of names in the back with meanings and I used to read through for the coolest meanings.
8. Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr. Bo Bo)?
One dog is Jackson, which is mostly a human name. The other dog is Jamaica, which is more of a place name than anything. Other pet names we've had include Jemima (human), Shadow (pet), Sasha (human-ish), Sassafras or Sassy (pet), Nicodemus (human-ish), and Toby Jackson (?). Mostly human I guess. Although I feel like a few are debatable.
9. Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
Probably, but I can't think of a single one off the top of my head. Generally speaking, I don't like many "trendy" names and I kind of get annoyed by creative spellings, only because I feel like it is unnecessary and just makes the child's life harder.
10. What are some of your favorite names? Why?
I love Abigail, and have for as long as I remember. When I was younger I really liked the name Brian. I also like Brendan. There's more, but that's all I got right now.