First of all, I wrote this last night pre-101 degree temperature and bouts of vomiting. (Probably TMI...sorry!)
So that whole working 10 straight hours thing didn't happen. I feel bad because we are stretched so thin at work right now, but there was no way I would be able to function.
I was actually going to try to go until a sip of water sent me back to bathroom. Ugh.
On that lovely note, on a day when saltines and 7-Up are an accomplishment, here's what I have to say about food today.
Join today's Ten on Tuesday over at Roots and Rings!
1. What is a food that you never thought you would try, but then tried and liked?
Recently I've eaten raw oysters and seaweed salad, and loved them both. I also renewed my love for sweet potatoes.
2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publications? If so, which ones?
I don't at the moment, although I do read quite a few blogs. I am not much of a magazine subscriber, but hope to change that some day. I love all the pretty pictures.
3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook?
I pretty love to make anything that involved heavy cream or cheese, which is not so good for my arteries, but I can't seem to stop myself. Alfredo sauce, mac n' cheese, pollo a la crema, cauliflower soup...the list goes on and on.
4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult?
Not really. As I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate foods that I didn't even know about as a child. But I've never been a picky eater. There are just a few items that I stay away from (*cough* hot dogs *cough*).
5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird?
Hmmm...I don't know if others consider my habits weird or not. Let's see, I like to dip pepperoni pizza in ranch sauce and I love peanut butter or cheese with apples. Those things don't really seem weird though.
6. What is the weirdest ingredient you've ever cooked with?
I don't think I've cooked with anything very weird. I did just recently become fascinated with quinoa. I don't think that counts as weird though.
7. Do you have any major food allergies?
No! Which I am very thankful about.
8. Is there an ingredient that you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try?
Oh gosh, there are many ingredients that are beyond my capabilities. I've never really used meats beyond chicken and beef, plus a couple seafood items. And I wish I knew more about spices so I could just randomly know exactly what to add to get the flavor I want.
9. Do you bake?
I love baking. Cookies, cakes, cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, bread, coffee cakes...in a word yes.
10. If you could go on any "foodie" show to compete, which one would it be, and why?
I'd rather pick a foodie show to go on and eat the food. I don't consider myself skilled enough to actually compete. That said, Iron Chef America fascinates me, but I'd rather do one where I'm teamed with an Iron Chef, rather than against. I work better in teams (a.k.a. I'd get my butt kicked otherwise).