6.20.2012

Visiting Boise

My cousin, S, moved to Boise last December and I finally had a chance to go visit. We crammed a lot into a few days and really enjoyed our time together.

Plus, it's actually summer there and was even, dare I say it, a little too hot. Sunday was over 90 degrees and made our walk with the dogs a little warmer than necessary.


I landed in Boise on Thursday afternoon and we headed to Barbacoa for happy hour and dinner, along with my cousin's neighbor. They had just opened up their roof terrace, so we enjoyed sunshine, beverages, and made-table-side guacamole. I celebrated with my favorite summer drink--a mojito.


We left Barbacoa, went back home to pick up the dogs and headed up to Table Rock for a great view of the city as the sun set. It was really stunning.


Friday we started our day with some coffee, muffins, shopping, and pedicures. It was incredibly relaxing and a great chance to catch up on everything that's been going on for both of us. We spent the afternoon watching napping through a movie.


That night we headed out to the Cherry Festival in Emmett. There was a fair, booths, cherries, and a concert featuring the Lost Trailers. The concert atmosphere wasn't exactly rocking (which I blame on the fact that it was a family venue and open to the public) so we left for the local non-smoking bar, where we people watched the night away. And boy was it entertaining.


We actually didn't get home until 3:30am or so, which is way later than either of us expected, so we let ourselves "sleep in" until 9:30am (a.k.a. not even a full night's sleep).  We cooked breakfast and headed to downtown Boise with the dogs.


We had plans to visit the Farmer's Market and walk the Greenbelt before heading to the horse races. Our walk was a little longer than planned, but pretty enjoyable. The races were fun, except for the crash.


Sunday was a lazy, at-home day. We made breakfast, took the dogs for a long walk, cleaned up the garden, watched a movie, and barbecued. Then it was time for me to head home.





Pretty wonderful weekend with my cousin! I can't wait to go back.

12 comments:

  1. That looks like such a relaxing and beautiful trip - you had wonderful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I haven't been to Boise since my dad's parents lived up in Sun Valley/Ketchum and we would drive through Boise (but that was like 20 years ago...sheesh I'm old)

    Also, that is so obviously not Emerald Downs, I can't believe I even asked that on your Instagram. Ha!

    Sounds like a wonderful family trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great time for both of you! good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an awesome trip, great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weekends are always full of travel, but seem so relaxing. How exactly do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A. That picture of the pick-up. Seriously!
    B. I can't believe no one MENTIONED that picture of that pick-up. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm. Haven't had a mojito in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admit I didn't like driving through Idaho, only because I was bored by the scenery.geart pick, lovey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a wonderful time! I love Boise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are seriously beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That last pic is insane! Glad you had a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete