I had a bit of bummer class tonight. We were working on a project, had a set back, and now it feels like we have to start over, at least on one section.
It was one of the moments that made me feel like I might as well throw in the towel. But I refuse. I just am throwing in the towel for tonight.
Instead of stewing in my frustration, I decided to a little "thankful for" post. I see other bloggers do this all the time and I think it's important--to step away from frustrations and focus on what is good. I have a lot to be thankful for!
Here are a few things I'm thankful for this week:
- A visit from my mom complete with a homemade meal tonight. I love to cook but every once in a while it's great to have someone else cook for you. Plus it's great to hang out with my mom, not that she's ever actually that far away.
- My check engine light going off after being lit for 24 hours. I'm hopeful it was just a fluke thing that won't return. I'm definitely breathing a sigh of relief tonight.
- Not one, but two sunny days in the forecast for the weekend, which will include a trip to the padres for laundry, puppy snuggles, and other miscellaneous activities.
- Some great friends, new and old. I have some great people in my life. I don't know what I would do without them.
- Fresh produce being back in season. Prices are lower and taste is better.
- The summer being just two weeks away! It's hard to believe how quickly this first year has gone by. It's been amazing and I can't wait to see what else I'll get to see/do in the next 6 months.
- Simple things, like clean sheets, hot showers, and sweatpants. These are things that will never get old for me.
- A good work out. There is something so invigorating and mood lifting (it's a fact) about getting my sweat on.
What are you thankful for this week?