1.13.2010

Tag teaming, night classes, and reading lips

I know I mentioned that my grandfather is an endless source of entertainment, but I didn't really give any examples so here's one for you.

The other day he told my dad that if my dad and my mom weren't going to be around at any point, my grandfather and his wife would look after us for them.

First of all, my sister (the youngest child) is turning 21 on Tuesday.  And if we should be keeping an eye on anyone it's my grandfather and his wife.  You never know what ideas they'll get in their heads.

I'm actually headed over to his place tomorrow morning to fix his printer (being the tech guru that I am) and take him to Office Depot to make copies of pictures or something.  I should probably mention that he has his own copier and the printer (which has a copier but isn't functional at the moment).

I committed to this errand but started to freak out that I would not be able to get all his errands done and make it to work on time.

So now my mom is coming with me to tag team it.

Speaking of work, I just realized that I have to get my time sheet done and turned in tomorrow.  That's priority #1 seeing as how I haven't had a paycheck since sometime in December (one of the major downsides of having a month vacation while an hourly employee).

At least I only have two hours of work tomorrow.  Ridiculous, yes, but a welcome relief after three straight scheduled night classes to cover.

(I am so thankful for my job.  I am so thankful for my job.)

While working this week I was reminded that I am possibly the worst lip reading on the face of the earth.

I was taken back to my school days (there's a phrase that makes me sound ancient--good thing I talked about my still alive grandfather earlier) when people would "talk" across the room to me and I would smile and nod hoping that was a reasonable response.

Seriously, though, I am really bad.  It took me three tries to get "how are you?"

I'm pretty sure there's no way to get better at lip reading either.  You either have it or you don't.

And I most definitely don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment